Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage (mild or spicy)
- 4 large Russet potatoes
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch fresh kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dice the onion
- mince the garlic
- slice the potatoes to 1/4″ slices (leave the skin on)
- remove sausage from casing (if using links)
- wash and soak kale for about 10 minutes, then remove drain, and pat dry
- Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot set to SAUTE.
- Add the diced onions; cook until translucent.
- Add the sausage; cook until browned.
- Add garlic; cook about a minute.
- Add potatoes and chicken stock.
- Lock the lid, and then turn the venting knob to “sealing.”
- Select PRESSURE COOK (or NORMAL, depending on IP model); set to HIGH pressure for 5 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, chop the kale.
- Natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Stir in cream and kale.