Cheesy Hash Brown Bake
- 30 ounces shredded hash brown potatoes (fresh or frozen)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 10.5 ounces cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack/Cheddar cheese blend
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat over to 350° F and lightly grease a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onions and cook 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Combine onions, sour cream, soup, and spices in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes and cheese. Fold until well blended.
- Transfer to casserole dish.
- Top with an even layer of crushed potato chips.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
If you are using frozen hash browns, thaw them and squeeze out the excess moisture.