I’m not going to paint this any other way than how it is. 2021 was exhausting. And with that bit of honesty between us, let’s get to what’s important: We’ve found each other. I’m glad you’re here. How are you?
So much happened at the homeplace in 2021; I will spare you the sordid details and move straight to the lows and highs:
- Total knee replacement, complete with the requisite long arduous recovery.
- The garden was a lot smaller than I would have liked. Did I mention I had total knee replacement?
- Another year went by without trying a recipe out of Peter Reinhart’s The Bread Baker’s Apprentice.
- The kitchen and I bonded. 2020 was about putting the kitchen together. 2021 was about getting to know each other.
- The garden. Period. Because the timing of that knee replacement almost put a halt on it entirely. Knowing I had to get out there got me moving on the days when I otherwise wouldn’t.
- The Silver Lining Homeplace channel on YouTube. I do a livestream cooking show every week, and upload other homeplace content on the regular. We’re building a really fun community over there. Come say hi!
What were your 2021 highlights?